This is what we are doing to REDESIGN HEALTH. 14 reasons why you should join us! (Part 1 of 2)
1.The Digital Revolution is underway—transforming every aspect of our lives, including our approach to health. Welcome to Wellness 2.0.
2. Wellness 2.0 is part of Why the Health Not’s cutting-edge system using technology to improve not just physical health, but the whole person—body, mind, spirit, and daily life. We call this whole-person approach “Wholicity,” and it pervades our mission, our vision, and every aspect of our organization.
3. Technology is changing the way we live, work, and socialize, putting the power of information into our hands as never before. Yesterday’s “patients” are today’s “consumers” and tomorrow’s “health-seekers.” The next generation will not only demand control over their health-and-wellness choices; they will expect it.
This is a huge opportunity that our nation’s healthcare providers have completely missed: not having an organized system to help people understand the root causes of their health issues. The time is ripe for a redesign of our system—the time is now.
4. Why us? We at Why the Health Not are visionaries. We believe the sentence, “It’s always been done this way,” is one of the most dangerous in the English language. We’ve done extensive research, and know what works, and why. In today’s world, treating symptoms isn’t enough; neither is prescribing medicines on a “one-size-fits-all” basis.
Advances in genetics and the proliferation of data coupled with predictive analytics—which is the ability to use data to predict future events and trends—allow health-seekers, providers, and employers all to stay ahead of the wellness curve. Our systems bring it all together in a perfect storm, matching seekers with professionals in a variety of fields and helping employers to tailor wellness programs for their workplaces. Connecting with global health innovators.
- Healthwise Solutions, a health content and patient education company.
- American Health Value, helping health-seekers to maximize HSAs.
- The Digital Health Maven Project, helping medical professionals and entrepreneurs to use innovative analog and digital health technologies.
- Startup Health, a network of 30,000 innovators reimagining health and wellness.
- Health Networks of America, comprising 15,000 independent doctors throughout the nation.
5. What’s the problem with our current system? That depends on whom you ask.
Health seekers may feel frustrated by a lack of information and of control over decisions that affect them. And, whether they know it or not, they suffer from a system that is reactive, not proactive. Today, we visit a medical professional only when something’s not right, seeking a fix—and insurance providers reinforce this mindset when they reimburse only after treatment. Because we haven’t been taught to focus on preventative wellness, we end up spending more, and our quality of life is diminished.
By providing them with the information and resources they need to make wise health and wellness choices, Why the Health Not puts the power in the health seekers hands and may even stop illness before it starts, improving the quality of life.
Health professionals have a different set of concerns. Their patients may have little knowledge about how to manage their own care, or, worse, may have self-diagnosed using inaccurate information found online using search engines. According to US News, as many as 4 million people a year suffer medical complications and about 200,000 die because of their own medical confusion or mistakes. Why the Health Not’s platform, on the other hand, asks the right questions to guide our users toward correct assumptions and the right resources and providers.
Heath-care providers, already crunched for time because of pressures to treat as many patients as possible in a day, may also face a crisis in the coming decade: the Association of American Medical Colleges predicts a shortage of 91,500 physicians by 2020. Clearly, empowering people to take charge of their own health and wellness is crucial to alleviating this crisis.
Employers must deal with lost productivity and revenues because of worker illnesses, and with rising insurance costs when claims increase. Why the Health Not’s proactive and whole-person approach to health and wellness can significantly reduce these costs. A U.S. government report found that employers offering exercise programs to workers experienced as much as a 55 percent drop in healthcare costs and a drop in short-term sick leave and boost in productivity.
6. Like a three-legged stool, Why the Health Not’s solution rests on three concepts: our “Six Pillars of Health,” “Wholicity,” our wholistic approach to health and well-being, and “H.O.P.E,” our Health-Oriented Pairing Engine. Altogether, these services make the most of today’s digital technologies and human ingenuity to create networks linking people, providers, and employers and sharing information, data, and analyses.
7. Imagine having a personal life coach in your pocket, accessible at all times. That’s the essence of H.O.P.E., our Health-Oriented Pairing Engine—and the core of our solution. This unique Software-as-a-Service aggregates and analyzes data from wearables, apps, monitors, medical records, and more to match individuals with providers in our “six pillars” of health—medical, intellectual, financial, spiritual, social, and emotional.
Because health management extends beyond the physical. For truly good health, we need to focus on the whole person—a concept we call “Wholicity.” Our financial situation affects our mental stability; our intellectual capabilities help determine our lifestyle choices. We are all walking ecosystems, comprising parts that each affect the whole.
For health-seekers, HOPE provides a customized experience for a better quality of life. For providers, it offers referrals—and a platform from which to broadcast their own, authoritative voice via our team of expert writers—as well as “big-picture” information about clients, helping them to improve outcomes. For employers, benefits include increased productivity and reduced costs. It’s a win-win-win!
#DigitalHealth #LifeChanges #Trending #Medical #Innovation #IoT #PredictiveAnalytics