Managed & Operated by: Why The Health Not LLC. (WTHN)
Last Updated: November 4, 2016
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by posting the updated policy and revising the “Last Updated” date above. We encourage you to review the policy whenever you use our Services to stay informed about our information practices and about the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you sign up for a newsletter/blog update, utilize the contact form, or purchase from this site, when you provide information as part of our identity verification process, in the course of a transaction, or when you request a digital receipt. We may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following: basic user information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, membership identification number for professional/student discounts, and birth date; financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including as follows:
• Transaction Information. If you have a question about an update or order, we collect information about when and where the communication or transaction occurred, a description of the communication or transaction, the payment amount, billing and shipping information, and information about the devices and payment methods used to complete an order.
• Location Information. When our website is open on your mobile device, we periodically receive information about the location of the device. For more information and to learn how to disable location information, please see “Your Choices” below.
• Device Information. We collect device-specific information when you access our website, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our site. We may also identify other software running on the device (but will not collect any content from such software) for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes.
• Use Information. We collect information about how you use our website, including your access times, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our online communications, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our communications or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, website effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, for payment authorizations and verification of membership toward professional or student discounts. In some circumstances, this information may include your date of birth or membership identification number.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our website and to deliver the information and support you request, including receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We also use information about you to improve and personalize the website and its services. We may use information we collect to send you news and information about our book(s) and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners, including third-party sellers of our book(s).
We may also use information about you to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our website; to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; to protect our rights or property; to verify your identity; to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our website and purchase transactions. We may, or we may use third-party service providers to, process and store personal information in the United States and other countries in order to maintain a tracking history of purchases to better service any potential problems with your order or request for service.
If you choose to receive receipts via email or text message, we store the email address or phone number you provide. We use your email address or phone number to send you a receipt for your purchase and to automatically send you digital receipts for future purchases you make from this website. Digital receipts may contain additional messages, offers, or links that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be able to submit feedback, share your experience on social media, view your purchase history, join programs, visit websites, or take advantage of promotions. When you submit or share information through a receipt (such as submitting feedback), we will not share that information. As mentioned above, this policy does not describe the practices of third-party sellers that may receive or collect information from you. We encourage you to ask them about their privacy practices before providing any information to them. If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving automatic digital receipts or change your preferences, you may do so by following the instructions in the “Your Choices” section of this policy.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
• With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our ordering process, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention and verification services), and including financial institutions, processors, payment card associations, and other entities that are part of the payment process;
• With third parties with which you designate membership in order to validate a professional or student discount;
• With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our products;
• In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce applicable agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our website services; and to protect us, our third-party sellers, end users, or the public from harm or illegal activities.
• We do not collect email addresses and sell them to third party companies, your privacy is important to us.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Before you first visit our website from your mobile device, you may disable location tracking to prevent identification of your location through our website information gathering noted above. We currently use this location information in order to provide analytics for the reach of our website and our book(s). If you do not consent to this collection, you may disable location tracking but your location will still be required to place an order or sign up for newsletter/blog updates. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies.
• Personal Information. We do not store personal information in a location on the website. You may change or correct information about yourself by submitting a new contact form to note the change if you find you are not receiving a newsletter/blog update. We may notify you through email if any personal information is incorrect when processing a order. You may also email (contact form on our site) us if you wish to unsubscribe from a newsletter/blog update. We may retain archived copies of information about you and your transactions for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
• Digital Receipts. If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving automatic digital receipts or change your preferences, you may do so by following the instructions in your digital receipt.
• Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Why The Health Not LLC,. by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing/follow-up business relations.
Please contact our Privacy Department with any questions or concerns regarding our policy, you may also use our Contact Form on our site to communicate.
Why The Health Not LLC.
PO Box 45518
Boise, Idaho 83711